Sunday, 6 November 2011

Jessica Simpson - Pizza Hut Commercial

I found this video on youtube, and laughed so hard. I'm sure it came out after Dukes of Hazzard, the commercial is very funny.  Jessica comes out singing and dancing seductively and feeds some pizza to who I am SURE is an underage boy.  Obviously the commercial is geared to a younger male demographic (probably the highest rate of pizza eaters haha), just like the burger commercial with Paris Hilton, Pizza hut is using an attractive female celebrity to seductively sell their food, however, I think this time they may have gotten a little risky with the under-ager featured here, who clearly is so excited by Jessica feeding him he passes out (I wonder what his parents thought of this while sitting by him in the restaurant haha).  Again, this commercial is definitely for the male gaze.

B-Bloggin

2 comments:

  1. Wow. So happy to see that using sexualized objectified women to sell a product continues. How does this advertisement connect to romance tropes? [have a close read of the Hollows chapter on romantic fiction]. How does it 'keep women in their place' - not just in terms of gender, but through the use of images of love, desire, etc.?

    The Doctor

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the commercial Jessica is kept in her place by being an object of male desire, however, she almost seems to be as somewhat of a temptress putting the male in the commercial in a submissive position

    ReplyDelete