Thursday, 22 September 2011

Found it!!! - SARAH HASKINS

I dont know if this is exactly culture jamming, but to me it is.  If you youtube "sarah haskins - target women" and watch some of her videos you will understand.  She dissects advertisements and other things in pop culture, such as "vampires" and how they are targeted toward women.  She is absolutely hilarious!







Hope you enjoy!!
B-Bloggin

1 comment:

  1. Ah,Sara. I'm completely in love with what she did on The Current, and like others was sad to see her leave. The new 'women's' clip is "Modern Lady", and it's a bit more postfeminist, but also quite fun!

    These critiques of advertising are certainly cultural critiques - are they jams?

    I'm still pondering it - my first response would be 'no', but...perhaps jamming what advertisers sell is the main point, not necessarily the genre used. Others / or B-Bloggin, check the definitions of culture jamming that others have made available, and let's see if Haskins fits...

    ReplyDelete